Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When I started working on a new project at work, I had to decide on the UI platform I wanted to develop in. We have considerable Java experience in-house and hence we were limited to something on the Java platform. I have considerable experience designing in Swing, but I was really smitten by the Eclipse IDE UI. After researching other options that were available, Eclipse RCP seemed to be the most robust, with a well developed code-base, community support and online resources. However as I have started to work with Eclipse RCP, I realized that versions changed quite often and the literature wasnt keeping up. Good online resources that really go in-depth and teach complex tasks were very scarce. The best way to learn how to do stuff was to look at the Eclipse IDE codebase.


I started this blog as a place to document RCP/JFace/SWT tips and tricks that I learnt the hard way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment